Originally clocking in at 42 minutes, Sequart Organization and Respect Films are proud to announce that a revised and expanded 70-minute version of Chris Claremont’s X-Men is now available on Amazon Video and iTunes!
Chris Claremont came to Marvel as a young man and took on a book that no one else wanted, a book on the brink of cancellation: X-Men. Over the ensuing 17 years, his work on the title turned into the biggest franchise in comic book history. Forty years later, this work has been adapted into ten films, three TV series, and countless video games. In short, Chris Claremont’s X-Men have become a part of our cultural mythology. And it all started with one writer’s commitment to emotionally honest storytelling and real character building.
Chris Claremont’s X-Men explores the behind-the-scenes development of notable characters like Wolverine, Storm, and Phoenix, as well as the challenges of creating art within a corporate system. The film includes interviews with many of the biggest players involved, including Claremont, Louise Simonson, Ann Nocenti, Art Adams, Jim Shooter, Rob Liefeld, and Marc Silvestri.
What the critics have said about the film:
- “We’re lucky it even exists. Required viewing for every X-Fan.” — Chris Hassan, AIPT!
- “Far wilder than the comics themselves.” — Rich Johnston, Bleeding Cool
- “A documentary no comic book fan should miss.” — Mark L. Miller, Ain’t It Cool News
- “A must-watch.” — Forrest Helvie, Newsarama
- “A fascinating inside look.” — Cliff Biggers, Comic Shop News
Chris Claremont’s X-Men is directed, produced, and edited by Respect’s Patrick Meaney. Respect’s Jordan Rennert is the film’s director of photography and producer. It is executive produced by Sequart’s Mike Phillips and Julian Darius. Along with Respect and Sequart, this new version of the film is presented by XLrator Media.
Check out other Sequart / Respect co-productions:
- She Makes Comics is available on Netflix, Amazon Video, and iTunes.
- Neil Gaiman: Dream Dangerously is available on Vimeo and Starz.
- The Image Revolution is available on Amazon Video (and on DVD).
- Grant Morrison: Talking with Gods and Warren Ellis: Captured Ghosts are available on Sequart’s own online store.